Re: [Epic] Plasma Annihilator and Hellstorm Cannon

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 20:16:05 +0800

At 12:24 3/02/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Pulsar is stopped by one BM and has FP1 in CLOSE COMBAT (whatever that
>means). It is senseless to give a weapon a FP value for CCs.
>This leads to the next question which has not been answered: Which FP does
>the Pulsar have in a FIREFIGHT?
>
>DV

>sigh<

Well on the same basis as a Pulsar being stopped by one BM - on page 31 of
the rule book it states that "In firefights a super heavy weapon which
doesn't have a basic Firepower value always counts as having a Firepower
value of 1 instead". Maybe this is the thing that the D6 in the firepower
column represents. I still think that the Pulsar should d6 firepower for
working out blast markers though :[ - it is the only super heavy weapon that
fires multiple times. >sigh< I know that it was answered from the makers of
the games, but I remember a Man O'War game where Andy Jones (the game
designer) got something wrong - and in the aftermath of the game wrote -
whoops (great game that).

Mind you I just played a 1000 vs 1000 game and the first hit that got
throught the holo fields on my Warlock Titan rolled a 12 - catastophic
damage - so I didn't even get to fire with it. Still won though (only two
casualties in the game).

Mike (Erax)