Re: [Epic] Knights ?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 08:17:15 -0500

> John Bridges wrote:
>
> I have recently joined the mailing list. but have been playing GW
> stuff for about ten years. Recently I got a Epic 40K game. I have been
> reading the rules and am not sure if its better of worse than the
> older games.
Opinions vary all over the place. I'm playing with the new game, mostly
because I find it faster than the old one, or at least that in the same
amount of game time I can play bigger armies.

> But I have one question those veterans out there might be able to
> answer. In Titan legions there was the tech guard, and you could have
> Knight households. I have a large number of knights. But they are not
> referenced in the new army book, or mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone
> know what has happened to these ?

I think GW decided that they didn't like how they fit into the universe
and wanted to change them (note how the Warlord Titan doesn't look at
all
the way it used to, much more like a Battletech mech now; and the
Knights
were reminiscent of the old titans).

I've seen two sets of rules. Well, three, sorta. The first was
proposed
on this list (by Allen?), and had rules for each kind of Knight. The
second
was in Citadel Journal 21, and has two kinds, a Knight and a Castellan.
It
also includes the infantry of the Tech Guard. I had the impression
after
a game using that list that I would rather have a bit more variety
between
types. There is also Mike Looney's E41K page, which I believe is the CJ
rules plus some variation. http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/epic/

andy

--
Andy Skinner