Re: [Epic] Knights ?

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:19:05 +0000

At 12:52 PM 2/3/98 -0000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have recently joined the mailing list. but have been playing GW stuff for
about ten years. Recently I got a Epic 40K game. I have been reading the
rules and am not sure if its better of worse than the older games.

>But I have one question those veterans out there might be able to answer.
In Titan legions there was the tech guard, and you could have Knight
households. I have a large number of knights. But they are not referenced in
the new army book, or mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone know what has
happened to these ?

>Thanks
>
>John

The consensus of opinion on the list about the relative merits of E40K over
it's predecessors is play what you prefer. Most (though there are highly
notable and truly worthy exceptions) now play E40K because of it's quick
play, fluid approach type thing (read the designers notes in the Battles
Book to get the blurb).

Knights and Tech Guard were covered in a Citadel Journal (no. 20 I think)
and have been transcribed to this list and to a number of web sites
(possibly by my good self, or was that Squats). They are in the game, just
not officially. Shockingly, I've trashed the message. But, the list is
full of kind souls who could repost it or point you in the general direction
of a website.

Cheers,
Colin

******************************