Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:49:42 -0500

> From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
>
> > Pre-TL rules are what? Everything as it stands now except
> > skimmers can pin skimmers? I really can't remember.
>
> You are correct. The pre-TL rules included skimmer pins skimmer.

        OK, so what's the justification for re-instating this rule?
To make the Ravenwing better against Eldar (and vice versa)? I can't
see any other real benfits (and if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

> Another thing worth mentioning was that in these older rules you could
> not fire into close combat(regardless of pinning), any opinions on what
> is prefered?

        You also couldn't fire out of close combat, regardless of
pinning. Which led to silly situations like a lone infantry stand
charging a Titan and keeping it from firing. The current pinning/
firing rules are simple, semi-logical, balanced, and easy to remember.
I see no reason to start fooling with them now.

Scott
shupes_at_...