Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:25:07 -0600 (CST)

>Another thing worth mentioning was that in these older rules you could
>not fire into close combat(regardless of pinning), any opinions on what
>is prefered?

I prefer the ability to shoot into combat, but skimmers should be allowed to
voluntarily allow themselves to be pinned. They're only hovering a few feet
above the ground usually, and I see no reason to make Eldar bikes worse than
those of everybody else (MHO).

Also, I suggest adding the ability to barrage your own units if you want to.
It has always bothered me that you're not allowed to even when its
tactically useless. Chaos wouldn't care, they're just returning to their
immortal selves in the warp. Imperials wouldn't care, as the greater good
is all that matters and everyone is just a servant of the Emperor/Machine
God. Orks certainly don't care, because they're Orks, with the same for
Tyranids. And Squats and Eldar could probably be explained by the fact that
they're not stupid. If barraging a losing battle of CC means the difference
between killing a detachment of your own men, and losing your entire army, I
think the choice is clear.

My group has playtested this rule and has used this for a long time, so game
balance isn't too adversely affected obviously. All this means is that you
have to think before you CC, and not expose yourself into blatantly
dangerous situations hoping to use CC as a shield, and not to put all your
eggs in one basket (ie entire army in CC vs Dominatrix).

Mike the Liu