Re: [Epic] Knights(Lil' bit off topic)

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 15:50:00 -0600

> The squats had no character of their own in CJ; they played like
> auxillery IG troops. The heavies should have been heavier, the Overlords
> went from being one of the toughest units to one of the lightest,
> [Thane]

Dude, you can't be serious? Overlords are terrifying! And one of the
cheesiest units currently in the game. Armor of 6 AND a save, WE firepower
of 8 on a vehicle with the ability to get rerolls, and the skimmer
ability on top of all this. A line of Overlords behind cover will stop
anyone's advance.

I do agree with you on the lack of character. When we complain to our
squat player about his army makeup, he points to the army list and
asks what else he should take. (Sometimes we say "infantry", but we
know that getting him to take infantry is a lost cause.) A Dozen or
so Overlords can hold the line while 6 Goliath's pound the enemy into
oblivion. A few squads of Gyrocopters are more than capable of harrassing
the flanks. It always works, so why change it?

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.