Re: [Epic] SHW's & BlastMarkers - kinda long

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 07:54:47 -0500

Thane Morgan wrote:

> > > Maybe it also covers smoke and blast effects
> > > screwing up your targeting ability for vehicles - great, I like the way
> > > it works for them.
> >
> > Wouldn't the above justification for BMs affecting
> > vehicles also cover their ability to affect WEs?
>
> But a war engine would have the best targeting systems and the most
> stable weapon mounts around.

        Well, we can argue fluff till the squigs come home...

> > > Again, I like Blast Markers and what they do, on everything
> > > except SHW's. I didn't like the initial ruling, and I didn't like the
> > > alternative (which the uninformed often play, I find locally) where BM's
> > > do _nothing_ to SHW's,
> >
> > Wow. Lemme guess - lots of Land Raiders and arty on the
> > board?
>
> Don't be a putz. It's an inspired solution,

        Totally ignoring the effect of BMs on SHWs is an inspired
solution? Because that's what I was replying to.

> (sorry, it's late and I'm irratable)

        It's early and I haven't had my morning tea yet...

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Omigod! The dead have risen and they're voting Republican!" - the
Simpsons