Re: [Epic] Detachments..

From: John Brisson <brisson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:51:33 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Sean A. Upchurch wrote:

> First off, welcome to the game.
>
> On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, John Brisson wrote:
>
> > Stuff....all snipped.....
>
> Ah. What you're looking at is the "Detachment Commander +25 pts" part of the
> Detachment List.

Thanks Sean...actaully I was looking at the Imperial Guard pages in the
armies book that shows how to build up a detachment....for most of the
armour detachments you have the bit that says 'you must choose a commander"
and then right under that is: Select a HQ unit +25.....this seems like a
multiple number of units that would appear in the command box of the
detachment sheet. what I wonder is, does the 'choose a commander' mean that
you need a miniture or is it also refering....mmm...what I really want to
know is, does it mean that the commander and HQ unit are one in the same?
The Space Marines seem easier to figure out in this aspect but the IG lists
leave one wondering what is what. I've assignsed all my actual minuters to
the Main and support boxes while writting in a none repsesented name as the
commander and assume he's riding in one of the tanks..but not as a transport
thing...as one of the assumed crew, as the tanks are not automated...or are
they? Here is how I've layed out my Atrillery Detachment sheet:

Name: The 57th Lexx Rangers
Type: Imperial Guard Artillery
Cmndr: Lt. Commander Knight +25 Total Point Cost: 189

Main Force Point Cost
Bombard 54
Bombard 54

Support
IG Hydra 28
IG Hydra 28

This seems partly consistant with what I saw happening in the layout of the
detachments shown in WD #216. I took the extra Hydra and put it in a
detachment with my 3 Lemon Russ tanks....

        - The Stately Shadow Strikes!!