Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 18:26:51 -0700

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > >Play SM/TL!!
> > >
> > I stopped playing SM/TL because it was too easy to make cheesy units.
> > The way I stop cheesiness is to build a detachment on a theme, eg a
> > company of space marines, a historic unit. It adds some background and
> >
> > makes you build units that aren't dependant on theor stat line.
> > Steve
> >
> -------> Eh? "too easy to build cheesy units"? I imagine you were
> picking units from the same deck of cards I was...how were you building
> a cheesy unit in SM/TL where unit composition is predetermined for you?
>
> Chris Miller

Well, there were a few cheesy points, but I thought it worked fine 95%
of the time. The eldar got a half priced jet bike host that could be
awful; I frequently played a player who was entirely unashamed about
putting two of them out. The dominatrix was absurdly powerful for its
points, but they were at least limited in number. The titan battlegroup
discount could get pretty outrageous. But really that was about all.

Thane