Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 21:49:39 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 6-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachm.. by Thane
Morgan_at_...
> Well, there were a few cheesy points, but I thought it worked fine 95%
> of the time. The eldar got a half priced jet bike host that could be
> awful; I frequently played a player who was entirely unashamed about
> putting two of them out.

Actually, given the way pinning worked, you could shoot them out of the
air before close combat, which really didn't help the bikes much. I
think Mark lost more guardians riding jetbikes than he did GROPOS, and
he did take both.... and only put one jetbike to a penny, not two.

Anyway, my personal feelings on the Eldar jetbike/Vyper detachments is
that they cost 50 points more than they should have... which
significantly reduces the bonus the Host gives you. <shrug> Depoends on
your point of view, I guess....

>The dominatrix was absurdly powerful for its
> points, but they were at least limited in number.

Amen. Those things took out Squat SHVs faster than even a Gargant
battlegroup with gutbuster ball rounds....

>The titan battlegroup
> discount could get pretty outrageous. But really that was about all.

Well, I think Titan BGs were really meant to face off against other
Titan BGs, but that's beside the point... they only got *really*
outrageous if you used those 'free VP' Titan missions. Not only did GW
give you cheaper Titans, but the Titans could earn more VPs, too...
<sigh> Transforming those the negative modifiers for *failing* to
accomplish the missions worked well, though.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...