Re: [Epic] Net Epic - Close combat morale

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 00:37:18 GMT

> Well, I agree the line has to be drawn somewhere, but there are some
> things that will add more to the game even if they slow it down a little.
> I have always disliked that after a great CC between several detachments,
> the guys that were almost wiped out still decide to keep on fighting the
> next turn against hopeless odds.

There's ots of real life examples of real soldiers doing just that, and they
weren't the kill crazy psychos of the (very gothic) 40th century...

> Of course, if the unit breaks, they
> will have to take a morale check anyway. But if the almost wiped out
> detachment is from a company, I think the detachment should take its
> own morale check to see if the surviving guys in the detachment want
> to keep fighting.
> Only one morale check should apply, so if a detachment loses CC and
> breaks, they will only take one morale check.

This isn't unreasonable, but is there a balancing side like "the rest of the
company that wasn't engaged doesn't take a moral check even though the
companty is broken?"

Will separate break points for separate detachments of a company - although
more realistic - add anything to the game?

Agro