Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 00:37:21 GMT

At 02:08 PM 13/2/97 +0000, you wrote:
>> Pre-TL rules are what? Everything as it stands now except
>> skimmers can pin skimmers? I really can't remember.
>
>You are correct. The pre-TL rules included skimmer pins skimmer.
>
>Another thing worth mentioning was that in these older rules you could
>not fire into close combat(regardless of pinning), any opinions on what
>is prefered?
>
>Peter

I think that shooting at a big thing that is engaged with little things is
fine. I don't like the idea that you can shoot at skimmers in CC unless we
redefine how skimmers operate. (At the moment, they must finish their move
on the ground, hence the inability to finish their move over water or even
rough terrain.)
So I don't see any reason except game balance (a petty good reason, but I
prefer logic!) to enable things to shoot skimmers in CC.

As for shooting at two units (or two models) engaged in CC, I would say that
titans and SHV's should always be targetable even when engaged with similar
sized stuff, but smaller units should not be able to be targeted (even when
engaged with similar sized stuff).

Agro