Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:14:34 -0500 (EST)

"Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> ---------> Me too...I took dreads, often several cards worth, in nearly
> every game I played. Even though Marine dreads sucked rocks in SM/TL,
> they are just too much a part of marine fluff to leave out. I also have
> a set of the older metal dreads which look way too good to leave out
> (compared to the plastic), but I used the plastic as well. Also used
> Orky dreas, Chaos dreads, Eldar dreads (maybe the best of any) . Anyone
> else have units they took (or take) just because they're flavor-rich,
> even if they're less than effective?

        Can't help you here. Spirit Hosts were one of my best
companies, so taking dreads was hardly a bad move. I usually took one
of everything, though Warp Hunters were so painful I gave that up.
Wave Serpents and Doomweavers just aren't that mean unless used in
numbers or the wave is fired. My Wave Serpents had a tendency to
wander within 75cm of Overlords when playing Squats... Hard not to,
really, unless there's only one.

Mark