RE: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 09:40:36 -0600

> Still only firing 5 shots per turn, of which say 2-3 hit something.
> Plus breakpoint 17? Victory Points 19 not good ratio at all.
> I would have never played this set up even if I had that amount of
> Pulsa's (out of 20k points in SM/TL only had 6 Pulsa Rokkits, 3
> Deathskulls and 3 Bad Moonz (ie only 2 support cards worth).
> The main difference isn't the amount that could be taken its the fact
> that all can fire at once instead of 1 for every 3. Also are they 1
> shot weapons now or not, I know they allways used to be.
---------> Thanks for pointing this out and no, they apparently are NOT
one shots in E40K

> Unfortunatly true, but the idea of playing the spirit of the game was
> easier under card system. I would normally play some units for
> flavour, character etc which normally didn't perform that
> brilliantly.

---------> Me too...I took dreads, often several cards worth, in nearly
every game I played. Even though Marine dreads sucked rocks in SM/TL,
they are just too much a part of marine fluff to leave out. I also have
a set of the older metal dreads which look way too good to leave out
(compared to the plastic), but I used the plastic as well. Also used
Orky dreas, Chaos dreads, Eldar dreads (maybe the best of any) . Anyone
else have units they took (or take) just because they're flavor-rich,
even if they're less than effective?

Chris Miller