RE: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:17:52 -0600

> Can't help you here. Spirit Hosts were one of my best
> companies, so taking dreads was hardly a bad move. I usually took one
> of everything, though Warp Hunters were so painful I gave that up.
> Wave Serpents and Doomweavers just aren't that mean unless used in
> numbers or the wave is fired. My Wave Serpents had a tendency to
> wander within 75cm of Overlords when playing Squats... Hard not to,
> really, unless there's only one.
>
> Mark

---------> I gave up on Warp Hunters too - maybe if you took 6 or more
they'd be effective, but I only had 2 , and wasn't impressed. Seprents
were useful, though problem-ridden with all of the potential
wave-interactions. Spinners were fun, though. Had 4, used 4 in most of
the battles I played as Eldar, and they work fairly well - they're no IG
arty co, but they're not bad.
        The true test of the Eldar though, is Guardian use. Did you use
'em, and if so how many? I know a few Eldar players who wouldn't use
guardians at all...

Chris Miller