Re: [Epic] Marine effectiveness (was Re: Squat Army)

From: Aaron <akkala_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:00:30 -0600

> So you churn out a number of IG squads vs a few Space Marines squads.
> don't see where this ten years of training and preparation is paying
> off. The Marines have nice vehilces and weaposn, and good commanders,
> but I'm just looking at relative effectiveness on a squad by squad
> basis. Interesting. Of course any really detailed or close look at the
> 40k universe always leads to some unraveling of logic.

Its really hard to express training supperiority in a game of this
scale. Even as late as 1944, the Germans were winning most battle
against the Russians when they weren't outnumber by more than 5 to 1,
yet you can hardly say the one Germans was as strong/brave/tough as any
5 Russians.

The true effectiveness of any elite is the ability to be where the
battle is being fought when the battle is begin fought, not sitting
around out of action (drop pods). You would really need some sort of map
based campain to really see these advantages.