[Epic] Marine effectiveness (was Re: Squat Army)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:23:50 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 9-Feb-98 Re: Squat Army WAS Re: [Epi.. by Los_at_...
> So you churn out a number of IG squads vs a few Space Marines squads. I
> don't see where this ten years of training and preparation is paying
> off. The Marines have nice vehilces and weaposn, and good commanders,
> but I'm just looking at relative effectiveness on a squad by squad
> basis. Interesting. Of course any really detailed or close look at the
> 40k universe always leads to some unraveling of logic.

Personally, after having been immmersed in the background of the
40Kverse for quite a while, I'm of the opinion that the effectiveness fo
the Marines has been toned down considerably in both Epic (E40K,
SM/TL,...) and WH40K for gameplay & balance purposes. (Not that it
always *works*....)

Of course, it really depends on your POV, whether you take the
background as canon or the stats in the rules. I take the background --
the *old* background. ^_^

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...