Re: Squat Army WAS Re: [Epic] Knights(Lil' bit off topic)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:56:32 -0600

Los wrote:

> Mark A Shieh wrote:
>
> > It has nothing to do with bolters. It has to do with the
> > Heavy carrying a Lascannon that gives them effective fire out to
> 50cm.
> > Also, the IG save is 3+, unless I'm thinking of something else.
>
> In NETEPIC which was all I had available at the time they both have a
> Save of
> +5 that doesn't make sense to me. Could it be that the XLS
> capabiillties sheet
> with netepic is wrong? Space Marines cost 15 points but it takes me
> ten years
> to grow and train them. I.G costs me 7 point and I can yank them off
> the
> street with a press gang.
>
> Still, thanks for squaring me away on the stats!

NetEpic is based on SM/TL and has zilch to do with Epic 40K. If you
don't belive me, just ask Peter. For a while I was on the NetEpic
mailing list, but after having my head handed back to me when I
corrected Peter on his statment that "No one else is doing any thing
with Epic" by brining up the Epic 41K stuff, as well as the general list
traffic, well I drop out.

At any rate in Neo-Epic and in SM/TL all ground pounders have the same
armor. In AT/SM (1st ed) they vary. In E40K/E41K they vary.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com