[Epic] First Game WAS Re [Epic] Social Gaming

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:05:10 +0000

On 10 Feb 98 at 8:57, Aaron wrote:

> > Oh, and I just played my first E40K game last night, after a long respite from
> > playing at all, what with summer and midterms. It was pretty good, but the
> > E40K Knight rules Andrew used sure made it tough for my Orks to do anything;
> > it was a bloodbath. Anybody know how to combat E40K Knights? It was especially
> > sad because he wouldn't let me have titans.
>
> Dude, if someone is throwing Knights at you the first time you played,
> you need to find someone cooler. By the way, what rules was he using?

Err I dont understand, this guy is playing house rules (the nights
aren't included in new rules) yet he wont let you use Titans which
are in the rule book.
For first game not using Titans removes some complications I suppose
but if he wants a simple, introductory game why the hell is he
playing knights against you!
How did it the battle go, I've never played against a purely knights
army and not at all against knights yet in E40k(note I play Orks as
well).
What forces did you field?
In future if you want to play Gargant's or Titans and your oponent
won't let you while he/she uses optional rules I'd try finding a new
opponent!

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black