RE: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:55:59 -0600

> > T-hawks were always great, but no one here overkilled them
> > as I think 3 on a side was the most we saw - still enough to move a
> lot
> > of marines, but not insane.
> Fielding a complete chapter required 20+ T-hawks to use the marines
> effectively. I saw them on one tabletop but I still do not consider
> such
> behaviour cheesy.
>
> DV

--------> OK, I'll bite: That's 4 greater demons (at a minimum) devoted
to nothing but t-hawks as support cards. They could carry 120 stands
(700 marines individually) . Are you saying they were full? Or just
well-distributed? : ) And how many GD's total were involved there? For
company cards you only get 60 stands of marines, and that's if you take
all 4...nasty fight, in any case, but with that many points involved
there ought to be ways to deal with it. Imperial bikes cost the same as
chaos marines, same CAF, triple the move, just lack the ranged attack.
When you factor in the t-hawks, the impy player would have points to
spend on something else as well, like maybe hydras...

Chris Miller