Re: [Epic] Dirtside II

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:22:38 -0500 (EST)

Very good synopsis, Andy, not a lot I can add. However, two things:

Excerpts from Epic: 10-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] Dirtside II by Andy Skinner_at_...
> Some GW models with fixed guns suffer in DSII, which uses a rule that
> fixed guns may not move after they shoot in their activation.

I think you mixed these up; fixed guns cannot fire after they move,
which means that your enemy literally has to walk into your gunsights in
order for fixed guns to shoot. (Well, you get a 15 degree arc or so,
but that's it.) Thus, most Falcons end up with turreted main guns... go
for the effect, not the reality. ^_- (Hmm, Silhouette microarmour,
anyone? ^_^ )

[snicker-snack]
>I'd make some of the aircraft from Epic
> into VTOLs, because I like having the models on the board. The aerospace
> craft rules are similar to E40K, flying across the board in a turn.

<cough>
Actually, IMO the aircraft rules in E40K are similar to DSII's... but
that might just be getting nitpicky. ^_-

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...