Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:45:51 -0500

Thane Morgan wrote:

> > Never understood why people fear this card so much...
> > Even if the Chaos player does get it (big if), there's only
> > a 1 in 6 chance of the forest/building being torched. The
> > 'halve enemy CAFs within 2D6cm' cards are a heck of a lot
> > nastier IMHO.
>
> Plus, you had to start the fire with one of your own minis. Hell, if
> they let chaos troops into the same building or woods as their own
> troops, they were probably losing them anyway.

        Heh. Well, that's not always the case when you're
playing against eldar or 'nids... (dang striking scorps and
genestealers!)

> > Contagions are useless. Period.
>
> They look to be pretty efective in the new game. I unfortunately never
> bought any (because they sucked so bad) so I haven't had a chance to try
> them.

        They are. I picked up 3 more at a local store that
still had the old stuff for that very reason.

> > Which doesn't mean much if your opponent doesn't have
> > any... Plague Towers are good against everyone but Eldar and
> > Nids.
>
> I used one, but always found it a waste of points. All of its weapons
> were short ranged and largely inefective; it didn't even get the LOB's
> command unit bonus.

        Hate to point this out to you, but the LoB's not a
command unit.

        The Tower really isn't that amazing, but it's a cool
looking model and I like its character. Generally I use it
to transport a some plaguebearers, beasts and maybe a GUO...
generally this gets them to where I want them, unmolested, a
turn ahead of schedule. Plus it's the only way to get a GUO
to the other side of the board. The point is to use it
primarily as a transport and not a gun platform.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus