Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:53:56 -0700

> Hate to point this out to you, but the LoB's not a
> command unit.
> Actually, the rules conflicted on this; after much debate we decided it
was. In case you missed the joy of this argument:

P.56 of renegades: "The following rules apply to all greater daemons
including space marine primarchs and Lord of Battles ... All greater
daemons are treated in the same way as command units for the purposes of
orders. They do not require orders and always move as if they have
charge orders" It did go on to say that they do not get the protectiong
command units get for being targeted, that they all get chaos card
saves, that enemies don't get to first fire at them when they charge,
and that enemies take morale tests.

This is then contradicted by the LOB description which claims first that
"The greater daemon rules apply in full" in one paragraph and that it
"must be given charge or advance orders" in the next.

After comparing its abilities to other titans, we decided that a) Andy,
Jervis and Rick smoked way to much crack to communicate effectively, and
b) the LOB was probably intended to be a command unit (for orders
purposes), because otherwise it was screwed.

I believe we found an old white dwarf Q&A which in a rare instance of
game support answered questions for epic, and it confirmed this.
However, it is way to irrelevant to my life now for me to go look it up
again.

Anyways, you may have already been through this and come to your own
conclusion, or maybe got another "official" ruling from one of the
"brain trust". I've got them to give an "official" ruling allowing two
units of war dancers to permantly stop a unit from attacking through
shadows coil, and a friend of mine got them to "officially" rule that
wounds saved by armor still count for combat resolution (Fantasy
questions, in both cases, and both entirely wrong. Sometimes, you just
want to start trouble on a slow gaming day...)

Thane