Re: [Epic] Pure Titan Armies

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:22:23 +0000

> I hope nothing finalized so far is really finalized. I know
> I'd want to do significant playtesting before letting the rules
> outside of the ML. I suspect this won't happen, so at least we can
> put a version number next to the rules before we release them?
>
> Also when the rules are finally released, it would be good if
> we kept them as short as possible by using "refer to page xx of Codex
> Titanicus"... If we release a complete set of rules, we're going to
> be in trouble, I think.
>
> Mark

As I stated before we began, nothing we do is really finalized until it
is playtested. As far as the "trouble" we are basically making the rules
as we go, some are from rules sets no longer in print and more
importantly this is done without a intent of profit. Rest assured that
the proper disclaimers and acknowledgements to GW ownership rights will
be observered. Also Net Epic is not intended or will be a replacement of
Epic 40k, it is alternative for those for whatever reason decide not to
play the new version.

Bottom line: Net Epic should not be viewed as competition, since many
aspects of it are copyrighted by GW, it in its own way still promotes
buying their products since we will include any new figs they make as
they appear and the game is played with their figs anyway-this proyect
does not jeopardize their potential to make money.

Well that was a long winded disclaimer wasn't it?

Peter