Re: [Epic] SM Chaos

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:36:19 +1200 ()

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:58:15 -0600 Aaron
<akkala_at_...> wrote:

> I'm sick of all you SM/TL players whining about how great it is.

Did I miss something here? As I recall I said that SM/TL
was a very badly written set of rules.

> As far as EPIC being brain-dead, its cool to be able to
> finish a 1500 pt game in under two hours.

Err... I also recall that I said I *like* E40K!

> And enough about GW being evil, the fact is 40K/Epic/Warhammer are the
> best supported miniature games in the history of humanity.

I'll skip commenting on the hyperbole :-)

Well they're the best supported games until GW makes
half your figures obsolete! I'm not getting any
official (or humanitarian) support for: Squats,
knights, minotaurs, trolls, firestorms, warp hunters,
robots et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. (sorry, I'm a
sucker for Rogers & Hammerstein references)

The staff at GW suggested I use my (6000pt) Squat army as a
display/diorama objet d'art (I'm not joking!). They baulked
at my reasoning that as GW had sold me the stuff and then
wiped Squats out of the game, GW should buy them back off
me.

Richard Bright