Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 00:41:30 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 12-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUn.. by Scott
Shupe_at_...
> > I thought the arrow inside the square was still used as a
> > direction if you rolled a "hit".
>
> Wrong GW game. "Hit" is a hit in SM/TL.

This is one that was passed down (to some extent) by the players before
us, to wit: the Doomweaver description states "Roll the scatter dice to
determine in which direction the wire-thread is blown and roll 2D6 to
find out how many cms it drifts off target." *Unlike* every other
'funky' (non-BP) indirect fire weapon in the game, the words "if an
arrow appears" do not appear in that description, ergo you use the lil'
triangle at the top of 'hit' side of the die as the scatter direction.

(And if you doubt my statement about 'unlike every other funky indirect
fire weapon', I just checked the Warp Hunter, the Distortion Cannon, the
Pulsa Rokkit, Squig Katapult, Cannon of Khorne, and the rules for
surfacing tunnelers. All of them have that line. Hop-Splat guns say,
'in the direction indicated by the arrow' which seems to mean that it
uses the little black triangle above the 'hit' as well, since it makes
no mention of the thing getting tangled on itself and hitting the same
spot. And yes, I'm somewhat bored. ^_- )

> > > Or if you miss there was
> > > always the cheese supreme option of pusing the titan back into the
> > > template with a wave serpent (how something that small could push
> > > something that big....).
> >
> > Well, assuming I was willing to push something larger than an
> > infantryman with my WSes, it's still unlikely. Void shields, to the
> > best of my knowledge, stop a Wave Serpent cold.
>
> Nope. Nothing stops Wave Serpents... they were the biggest
> single source of arguments in my games:

I dunno, sometimes I think we instilled too much common sense in Mark
for his army's good... though in this case, I think it was again a house
rule, WS' can't bump anything larger than themselves.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...