Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:16:08 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> John Chapman <john_at_...> writes:
> > > Yeah, you'd think so, but with the wierd templates and
> > > automatic 2d6cm scatter, I've never managed to hit what I've aimed
> > > for, unless it was a pack of stands. Maybe it was just me, but the
> > > guaranteed scatter always made my doomweavers less than great at
> > > shooting where I want them to.
> > >
> > Hey it was only a 4/6 chance of scattering - that meant a 1/3 chance of
> > warlord sushi from each doomweaver.
>
> I thought the arrow inside the square was still used as a
> direction if you rolled a "hit".

        Wrong GW game. "Hit" is a hit in SM/TL.

> > Or if you miss there was
> > always the cheese supreme option of pusing the titan back into the template
> > with a wave serpent (how something that small could push something
> > that big....).
>
> Well, assuming I was willing to push something larger than an
> infantryman with my WSes, it's still unlikely. Void shields, to the
> best of my knowledge, stop a Wave Serpent cold.

        Nope. Nothing stops Wave Serpents... they were the biggest
single source of arguments in my games:

"I move my 75 point WS into your untouched 900 point titan, so now
it can't move or shoot for the rest of the turn."

"You can't move a titan with that little thing!"

"Doesn't say anything about titans in the rules!"

<rules reading and heated arguments follow>

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Omigod! The dead have risen and they're voting Republican!" - the
Simpsons