RE: [Epic] Pure Titan Armies (and Epic 40K)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 18:24:34 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Brett Hollindale wrote:

> The guy at GW (who played a game of E40K) told me that there were no
> objectives, only "morale" (hows that, Temp?) and as a unit broke you lost
> some "morale" and if it was destroyed completely you lost some more "morale"
> and eventually, when your "morale" was low enough, your army routed and the
> game was lost.
>
> It sounds to me like "morale" (in this context) is like "victory points" in
> EPIC and every army is like the tyranids for how they collect VP.
>
> Of course, Rumour Control might well have better information than me...

Why yes... yes I do... :)

Rumor Control here.

VPs are gone... morale is in it's place. Let it be known that AC and JJ
don't want to force you to use Morale as the deciding factor in your
games, that's why they'll put it and other scenario specific things into
the Battle Book and not the Rule Book. So use what you want, but it's
theonly one they'll give.

So anyway, a usual game of E40k will go like this. Based upon your points
value of each of your deatchments you get a certain nummber of Morale
points. Lump all your morale points together for a starting total. Then
as the game progresses you lose morale for excessive supression of your
troops and for getting detachments broken. You gain morale by completing
your objectives and destroying enemy titans and war engines in a
spectacular fashion.

If your army morale goes to zero you have lost the will to fight and lost
the game. If no one goes to zero before you run out of turns then the one
with the most morale gets the tactical victory.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy