Re: [Epic] GW and this list.

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 22:56:55 -0600

---->I got GW's official reasoning on this when I worked in a Chapter
Approved
>store. The idea is that most males get into a hobby in their early teens,
>abandon it in high school, and return to it in their early 20s when they
>gain a disposable income. Thus, GW targets the youth market in an effort
>to ensure future growth.
>
>Max

-------> OK, if they want us to <ahem> return to it, where's the targeting
directed at me? Is there a magazine I don't know about? The scantily clad
women thing would work just fine - my wife is convinced there must be
something like that going on somewhere along the way, or I wouldn't be
nearly as interested. Lots of companies here put together calendars full of
them as promo items, then send the girls around on tour to make personal
appearances, autograph the calendars, etc.
    Way things tend to work out, though, we'd probably get something like
"The Orkish Bikini Team".
<sigh>
11:00 on a Friday night, and my thoughts turn to the orkish bikini team.
I am officially >setttled<

Chris Miller