Re: [Epic] SM Chaos

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:37:17 -0700

As far as EPIC being brain-dead, its cool to be able to
>finish a 1500 pt game in under two hours. I don't mind complexity (I
>still play ASL) but miniature games are slow enough without hundreds of
>die roll and charts to look at.------------> Not too many charts in SM/TL other than unit stats, and
once
you know them, you rarely need them. E40K kept the other tables and
added a
bunch more,like firepower, firefights, assaults, etc.

We could finish 3000 point games in 2 1/2 hours. The unit stats were
easily memorized through playing. The only real problems was when
special units got conflicting/ poorly written rules (LOB status, effects
of wave serpent, thunderhawk vs all other fliers special abilities,
etc.)

I'm playing E40k, and I mostly enjoy it, but I'd still rather be playing
 SM/TL epic.

Thane