Re: [Epic]SS and Nazis

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 00:15:40 -0700

Harlequin Master wrote:

> >etc., ... So instead of trying to make an SS or Nazi army, just use their
> >tactics!! Be the Epic40K Rommel! The other is just dead...
>
> My favorite tactic with my SM is to charge headlong into the enemy,
> especially when the enemy General has seen you lovingly place all your
> stands in cover and then CHARGE!!! I have done this on many occasion and
> just love the look on the other players face when it happens!!
>
> Silly?? Yes
>
> Daft?? Yes
>
> Amusing?? Most definately!!
>
> Harlequin Master - The Impetuous One
>
> PS Erwin Rommel was neither in the SS or a Nazi, he was a Wehrmacht Field
> Marshal who eventually saw the light about Hitler. IMHO, the Germans lost
> the war mainly due to people of this calibre being killed by the Nazis!!
> How much longer would WW2 have lasted if Rommel was alive and in charge??

If I remember correctly, he wanted to have his divisions waiting to
crush an Allied invasion on the shores of north France, before we could
establish a beachhead. For some ungoddly reason, Jerry high command
decided that keeping them well inland was brighter. Just that little
difference could have stretched out the war a lot longer.

Thane