Re: [Epic]SS and Nazis

From: <Bloodax218_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:45:30 EST

> Harlequin Master wrote:
> >
> > >etc., ... So instead of trying to make an SS or Nazi army, just use
their
> > >tactics!! Be the Epic40K Rommel! The other is just dead...
> >
> > My favorite tactic with my SM is to charge headlong into the enemy,
> > especially when the enemy General has seen you lovingly place all your
> > stands in cover and then CHARGE!!! I have done this on many occasion and
> > just love the look on the other players face when it happens!!
> >
> > Silly?? Yes
> >
> > Daft?? Yes
> >
> > Amusing?? Most definately!!
> >
> > Harlequin Master - The Impetuous One
> >
> > PS Erwin Rommel was neither in the SS or a Nazi, he was a Wehrmacht
Field
> > Marshal who eventually saw the light about Hitler. IMHO, the Germans
lost
> > the war mainly due to people of this calibre being killed by the Nazis!!
> > How much longer would WW2 have lasted if Rommel was alive and in charge??
>
> If I remember correctly, he wanted to have his divisions waiting to
> crush an Allied invasion on the shores of north France, before we could
> establish a beachhead. For some ungoddly reason, Jerry high command
> decided that keeping them well inland was brighter. Just that little
> difference could have stretched out the war a lot longer.
>
> Thane

Don't tell me you are THAT ignorant of military tactics!

If the Panzer divisions were positioned on the beach they would have been
annihilated in the initial bombardment, and the arial bombardments which
followed.

At the time, every intelligent commander knew that a static defensive line was
doomed to failure, especially if the enemy had an air force capable of
delivering ordinance.

Rommel was either a moron or a traitor. The very idea of positioning the
panzer divisions on the beach is the reason he was suspected by the high
command, his brazen attempt to end the war early was seen by Hitler, who
ordered the panzer divisions divided between commanders and gave them specific
orders not to move without his order, Hitler realized that his commanders were
less than loyal and was doing his best to keep the situation under control.

If you would like a further lesson in military tactics and strategy, just ask.

1st Lieutenant Erik Turner
United States Marine Corps