Re: [Epic] Pure Titan Armies (and Epic 40K)

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 10:53:45 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Bayani R Caes wrote:

> Excerpts from anime: 14-Feb-97 RE: [Epic] Pure Titan Armie.. by Paul
> Tobia_at_...
> > If your army morale goes to zero you have lost the will to fight and lost
> > the game. If no one goes to zero before you run out of turns then the one
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > with the most morale gets the tactical victory.
>
> I got a bad feeling about this. Isn't this something that 40K players
> houserule a lot? I don't like the concept of knowing when *exactly* the
> fight will end ("Well heck, I'll just toss the entirety of my bike
> company at his Colossi, 'cause it's make-or-break time.")
>
> At the very least, it will prohibit that 8 turn, 6 hour, 1500 point
> battle I had with Mr. Teske downstairs.... :)

Rumor Control....

The turn limits like the morale system are placed within the Battle Book,
meaning "it's our suggestions, but it's not a rule", those go in the Rule
Book. So you're welcome to play for as many turns as you like.

For the scenarios listed in the battle book, the majority of them are
recommended to be played six turns.

Personally I usually set up a time or turn limit at the beginning of my
games, just because I know I can't spend _all_ night playing as I usually
have things to do the next day.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy