Re: [Epic] Comments & observations on Epic 40k.

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 10:47:35 +0000

> IT'S WAR ON A WHOLE NEW SCALE!

Of course the scale of crap and 40k cheese, maybe a diet would be in
order?

> >I question how different ANY GW games could be from each other. Let alone
> >two games by most of the same people about the same subject, using (most)
> >of the same models...

They want the money of people who play 40k and are facilitating their
transition to it.

> >> It has been changed to reflect the way armies work
> >> in the 41st Millennium, and more importantly changed to reflect the way
> >> Warhammer 40,000 works.

Of course 40k work$, and if this one doesnt make enough something else
will substitue it-SHOW ME THE MONEY!

> >> Now, instead of fielding nameless detachment
> >> cards you can build an army that reflects the army you play in Warhammer
> >> 40,000, bringing a whole new aspect to the game.

Great! now we'll see armies in beautiful cheddar robes in smelly
lindberg hats and dont forget the swiss army knives(hehehehehe!)

> >Maybe I'm just taking this game too seriously, but all of my Companies
> >and detatchments have a place in the Regimental or Chapter organization,
> >sometimes in some detail (like for my Knight Division, 55 Knights).
>
> 46 Knights for me I think. I think I'm going to cry.

I own 200,000 points in epic figs 20% of which are knights and
squats-yea i'm happy.

> BRILLIANT NEW MINIATURES
Cool maybe they are smart enough to play this crappy game on thier own!

> One of the new game's most exciting aspects is the sheer volume of new
> >> models being released. Each model is replete with detail and looks
> >> absolutely amazing. You can field three or four tanks of the same type
> >> without actually fielding the same model,

Very soon GW will open thier credit line where you can sell yourself
into slavery to make those nice detachments all with different
models-now isnt that nice.

> >> which not only makes it a more
> >> interesting game, but more fun to paint!

I find painting the multitude of figures I have as entertaining as a
rectal exam.

> Plus, the model designers are
> >> striving to keep all the models in scale to each other, so now Super
> >> Heavy
> >> tanks actually look, well, super heavy.

And I thought the scales were going to be respected-silly me.

> Even the Thunderhawk Gunship
> >> looks like it could actually transport a detachment of Space Marines!
The price is cheap to, hey Mike can I hitch a ride? Maybe instead of
using e-mail I can fly directly to each one of you and talk about net
epic! Cool!

> Are all GW games "fantastic" even before anyone outside the company has
> >played them. Next their going to start calling it a "classic", a week
> >after its released.

Ever heard of a compeny advertising a new product like this-THE NEW GAME
IS SO BAD THAT ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD BUY IT! Besides what did you expect
from the company that brings such wonderful products like 40K?

> The Epic 40,000 boxed game is sure to go quick so make sure
> >> you move fast; there will also be a ton of supporting releases. And, as
> >> if that wasn't enough, every other month afterwards a new army will be
> >> released so you won't have to wait long to start conquering the universe
> >> with your favorite force!
Addendum to above messege: and if you happen to play squats or
knights-you're screwed-HA!

> lots of really neat new building
> >> ruins (no more hotels anymore - this is Stalingrad in WWII!),

So i'm supposed to pay 70 bucks for some buidings and eat the rest of
the crap-hmm-great.

> >I don't look forward to plotting an (old) 6000 point army stand by stand,
> >vehicle by vehicle... But I'll withhold my opinion till we have a better
> >idea of how the unit organization will work (in detail, that is).

Whaddya mean guys, I for one will definately bring Captain Chucky Cheese
to play surrounded by at least 20 munchkins-this will be so cool!

As far as the fig prices - well, I'll just buy the new figs not in the
current rules yet.

> I'm hoping that Epic 40k is going to be good, I really am, as I would enjoy
> playing a game that isn't on the backburner for once. However, I'm not
> willing to place any bets on the fact that it'll be good, and if its not,
> well Net Epic looks promising, and there's always Titan Legions. If it is
> good I hope that it'll attract those few 40k players who are looking for a
> good wargame and not a horde of munchkins looking for a good powergaming
> experience.

As you can guess I am not holding my breath!

> Sorry if I've sounded _too_ overtly hostile. I'm just a little annoyed at
> how much GW seems to brush us off, and how greedy and evil a company it is.

Mike, your a gentleman,But I am not-the game sucks, sucks ,sucks and if
I was overly hostile-why thank you I'll take that as a compliment!

NEVER FEAR NET EPIC IS HERE- that what this proyect is all about to
address the needs of the people who play and invest so much money in
this hobby, since the company doesnt do this, I'll try my best to make
Net Epic a game the majority feels comfortable with.(this is said with
the US flag in the background while Hail to the chief is played-my am I
in the jesting mood today!!).

United we stand!
Peter