Re: [Epic] Battle Report: Eldar vs. Imperial Guard

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <brother_morgan_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 11:52:45 +0000

One fine day in the middle of the night, Erik Rutins spoke:
>Colen,
>
>Thanks for the battle report! A few comments...
>
>I'm almost surprised to see a 2500 point battle with only one titan.
>Looks like the superheavy tanks made up for that, though.
I was surprised too... we were playing a 2500pt because my opponent
thought he didn't have much Imperial Guard stuff, so was planning to
take a titan, but then found he had more than he thought.
>> 2 8 Jetbike / 3 Vyper dets
>
>Ah... these are very fun detachments.
Indeed. One did f**k all the whole game (except get shot up by
Artillery), but the other was a game-winner.
>> 1 Harlequin / Wave Serpent det
>
>Outta curiosity, how have you painted the Wave Serpents for your
>Harlequins?
I haven't, because I haven't got any. <grin> It'll probably be red,
yellow, blue, etc.
>> 1 4 Heavy / 4 Siege / 3 Hydra det
>
>Sounds impressive, but it didn't seem to make much of a dent in the
>Eldar...
Bad luck mostly... my opponent set it up in a daft position, and for the
last two turns of the game it had 3 Blast Markers on it, stopping almost
half of the Gunz from firing.
>> 1 Big Space Marine det
>
>Chapter? I also play Marines, so I'm curious as to who got their but
>kicked.
Imperial Fists. They didn't actually get too many blokes killed, just a
hell of a lot of Blast Markers (7) at the end, due to the 2 Night
Spinners I had.
>> 1 6 Leman Russ det
>
>Some hellhounds for support vs. aspect warriors are a great call IMHO
>and very cheap.
He had Demolishers and Chimeras in support.

>> the commander ducked as the Phoenixs shot over him- for a second
>> rained, then the plasma bombs carried by the bombers tore through both
>> tanks, destroying them. In revenge, the Harlequins, happy in their
>> Armour 6 Wave Serpents, had 3 of the vehicles destroyed. They played
>> further part in the battle.
>
>Now that sounds like some good rolling!
Yup. I got twice as many hits as I should, and about 4 Criticals. He got
about 3 times as many hits as he should. :o)
>> number, then another when they picked a fight with the BaneBlade. And
>
>Do you mean a firefight, or did you lose a close combat with the
>BaneBlade?
Firefight. We ended up in one twice, with the aspects losing every time.
>Congrats on the victory!
Thankyou.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister, wargamer extrordinaire     X
 http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/4368/    OOOX===========>