Re: [Epic] Battle Report: Eldar vs. Imperial Guard

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:22:27 -0500

Colen,

Thanks for the battle report! A few comments...

I'm almost surprised to see a 2500 point battle with only one titan.
Looks like the superheavy tanks made up for that, though.

> 2 8 Jetbike / 3 Vyper dets

Ah... these are very fun detachments.

> 1 Harlequin / Wave Serpent det

Outta curiosity, how have you painted the Wave Serpents for your
Harlequins?

> 1 4 Heavy / 4 Siege / 3 Hydra det

Sounds impressive, but it didn't seem to make much of a dent in the
Eldar...

> 1 Big Space Marine det

Chapter? I also play Marines, so I'm curious as to who got their but
kicked.

> 1 6 Leman Russ det

Some hellhounds for support vs. aspect warriors are a great call IMHO
and very cheap.

> the commander ducked as the Phoenixs shot over him- for a second
> rained, then the plasma bombs carried by the bombers tore through both
> tanks, destroying them. In revenge, the Harlequins, happy in their
> Armour 6 Wave Serpents, had 3 of the vehicles destroyed. They played
> further part in the battle.

Now that sounds like some good rolling!

> number, then another when they picked a fight with the BaneBlade. And

Do you mean a firefight, or did you lose a close combat with the
BaneBlade?

Congrats on the victory!

Regards,

- Erik