[Epic] here it is (Reeeally long) you were warned

From: Larry \ <liquid_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:13:41 -0700

When I say long, I mean long.

*Official Record* Documented history of the House of the Imperial Dragon
chapter, Space Marines. Collected and organised by Inquisitor Lord Ramses
during first contact.

Many millenia ago, before the Heresy and during the time of human
progression due to our mighty Emperor's influence, the Imperium employed the
services of a Rogue Trader and genetic creation of the Imperium named Jaid
Attrehugh. His last known login with Empire was during an expeditionary
convoy into the then little explored eastern rim with the use of his ships
(Imperial Dragon I,II,& III). Logs collected report that during the return
voyage home from a successful meeting with one of the planets in the rim,
the convoy encountered violent warp turbulance. Both the Imperial Dragon I &
II suffered irreparable damge resulting in the catastophic landing on the
later to be named lunar body Teresarinia. Imperial Dragon III escaped with
major structural damage but with systems intact. Jaid founded a colony upon
burial of casualties and ordered the immediate burial of ALL cargo crates
from the holds of the hulks. Those that could not be moved were concealed
with the colonial development. With that order began the most honored and
sacred of secrets the Governors of Teresarinia would hold for more than
10,000 years. The following is a collection of log entries made by lunar
governors throughout the years.

Begin Entry......
    At last the final construction phase of the colony is complete. Praise
the Emperor more lives weren't lost during the "arrival." I can only pray
that the mighty crates we toiled to conceal from future generations will
remain such for as long as possible.Hmpf, it seemed like an easy enough job,
it did. Explore the "rim" and report on any topics found of interest to the
Imperium. How does enough equipment to supply a legion interest the masters
of the Inquisition? Although the mystery comes in the fact that THESE
machines as so odd. What did the half-breed call them? Progression? No..oh
damn. Whatever he called it, I have never seen armour or vehicles like
these. It's amazing what developes when an Adeptus Mechanicus exploratory
party smashes into a Squat world. The pure genius of it all. Humie-Squats.
It's too bad some of them wouldn't come along. Oh well. At least the
Imperial Dragon III made it through the storm. With it's cargo of MK7 power
armour, or bretheren of the legions will be able the make more headway
against those cursed Orks. Until the day arrives that our rescue arrives,
ours is the newest, most heavilly armed Imperial settlement on the Eastern
Rim. Hmm. The time goes by so much differently now. It always seems that as
soon as I am ready to sleep, the medics feel it is time to check for
reactions to the Implants. 8 down, 11 to go. And then the cycle will begin
that will allow the creation of our own defense force. AAAHH, the power, the
energy. .....................End Entry

Begin Entry........
    The days have begun to darken. It is only a matter of time and the plans
of our mighty Primarch will become more true than even he imagined. Passed
on and developed, like a farmer harvests corn, the implants and gene-seed
have been maintained throughout the millenia. Under the guise of our
colonies survival from the hardships of our "arrival," each passing
generation receives more and more of the implants. Ha ha ha. Innocense is
bliss. 67 governors have passed uneventfully. The days have begun to darken.
Tyranids! That is what the passing Eldar called them. They are coming and it
is only a matter of time before we are in their path. The ancient crates
were unearthed last week. and opened. After so many centuries, the good
people finally came to know the secret of their ancestors. That through
hypnotic implantation of training and progressive bio-implanting we were
breeding an army ready for the day they are needed. The final word will
release the full fruits of our labor. And that time will be sooner than
later. Our "Librarians" are growing exceptionally powerful with each
generation and have begun attempting to send psychic messages through the
vastness of surrounding space. Time will tell. The Eldar have been
relatively cooperative in our request for replacement equipment. Of course
as the great Saint Murphy dictates, the comm system was destroyed by
lightning the very hour it was powered up. The Tracking system is fairing
much better. After all this secrecy and manipulation do the Teresarinians
revolt? Do they turn on the mission? NO! I have never heard of a people more
anxious to take up the call to arms. I am proud. Our Primarch Jaid would be
proud. It is time. The final preparations must be made.
..............................End Entry

**Inquisitor note** this is the official decree of the creation of the
Chapter. May it be so duely noted.***
Begin Entry...............
    Ahh. To think for 10,000 years we were castaways. Forgotten remnants of
our Empire. Today we are on the cusp of a new beginning. We have been
developing and maintaining relations with surrounding Squat and Eldar races.
It has saddened our people to learn that the very world that originally
supplied us has fallen to a Chaotic onslought. They will be remembered. No
more will we live as castaways. Today, living amidst threats from two
developing fronts, a new day dawns. Today Teresarinia, lunar body of
Paquitus becomes the former prison of the "arrivals." We are the House of
the Imperial Dragon. Space Marine legion poised, fresh, new, and with 10
millenia of undisturbed preparation. May the might of our green and gold
thunder bring forth flaming death to those who may try to imprison us. This
is hereby decreed.
Jaid Attrehugh CLXXII, 69th lunar Governor, Terasarinia.
End Entry...................

Begin Entry................
    At long last. The Inquistion arrived Yesterday. It was a day like no
other. A day of unimaginable celebration, beleive it or not. To see the
mighty Imperial Dragon III descend into orbit, was, well awe inspiring.
Where to begin? It seems our senior Librarian, Brother Cosgood, caused quite
the uproar within the Ordo Malleus when they began receiving increasing
reports that Trader psykers were receiving powerful messages from their
routes in the rim. Never ones to rule out Chaos activity, investigations
began. Upon referencing a part of the message, Imperial Dragon, the priority
was further increased. As it was told to me.. Here you have a ship thousands
of years ago sream into Imperial space at maximum speed for no reason. When
the boarding envoy regains control they find the crew has perished due to
structural failure of an airlock during warp. Add to the mix the fact that
the only cargo on board is an immense supply of power armour of unknown
design. The Inquisition hates surprises, even good ones. Mix together and
stir in the knowledge that the only data retreivable from the memory banks
is the planetary log report of a Squat world inhabited by Adeptus
Mechanicus/ Squat half-breeds with superior design and manufacturing
abilities. You end up with quite a mess. According to our Inquisitor guest,
after repairing the Imperial Dragon III and searching for two millenia for
the remainder of the ship's party for answers, the search had to end
unrequited due to an uprising called the Horus Heresey. It seemed much was
gained by our isolation from this cursed time as the Imperium teetered on
the brink of extinction. With the sudden recent reports of psychic activity
in the area of the galaxy of Chaos, the Emperor ordered immediate answers.
Upon our informing him of our experience with Eldar peoples and our loss of
many lives to increased Tyranid activity, he appeared genually fearful. It
seems we are no longer the only victims to these beast's horror. As a final
note to his officail visit, these points were made and noted.
Given our isolation and relative lack of exposure to Chaos influence and our
continued dedication to the Emperor, our lives will be spared. After
explanation that legions no longer exist and the reasons behind it, we agree
to reorganize our forces into a more acceptable Chapter fasion. But as our
numbers are few we are permitted to deviate slightly from Codex on company
organisation standards.
    With the Imperial Dragon III returned to us, supplies replenished beyond
capacity, equipment augmented, and my personal friend Cosgood promoted to
Inquisitor level 1, life is good. Alas here I am rambling to myself. Damn
those who would curse a man for being joyous as I on a day as this. What
does the future hold you ask? Heh. Chaos. Tyranids ( because of those
bastard bugs all 4 of our dreadnought are in use). Orks. Enemies be warned.
The House of the Imperial Dragon is now apart of the Imperium. We are home.
You have been warned.

Jaid Attrehugh CLXXV
Chapter Master, House of the Imperial Dragon
Lunar Governor, Teresarinia (lunar body of the planet Paquitus)