Re: [Epic] [Fwd: War Engine Names]

From: Colen <brother_morgan_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:23:41 +0000

anvil_at_... scribbles:
>Do to recent trade activity (thanks to DV and TM) I now have 12 squat
>war engines in my army. I plan on naming them after navy cruisers,
>battleships, and carriers, and painting their respective hull numbers on
>them. I would like for this to represent more than just the US navy and
>thought I would seek the input of the list. I will be painting these
>things in WWII seagoing camoflage (hey, I got 12 of these things, got to
>stay interested, don't I!). So far my first Colossus is named for my
>ship USS Virginia, CGN-38. (Nuclear machinist mate 1st class, if your
>interested, please don't scan me sauron) Any input would be greatly
>appreciated

HMS Invincible is a carrier in the British fleet (soon to be stood down,
IIRC; the carrier, not the fleet), you could call one of them that.
Apparently, more ships sink who are named after reptiles than any
others, too.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister, wargamer extrordinaire     X
 http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/4368/    OOOX===========>