Re: [Epic] Unit Transformations from SM to E40K

From: Fran�ois Bruntz <Francois.Bruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:51:23 -0000

J'ai �crit :

> >Terminators in Space Marine were far better than in Epic 40k : it was a
> >great disapointment for me as I used to field entire Terminator
> >companies... Snif, snif, snif!

Then Chris Miller a r�pondu :

> ---------> Oh I don't know - they aren't as good in CC as they were, but
> they live longer - I'd trade an unmodifiable 6+ save for a 5+ followed by
an
> unmodifiable 4+ any day. I always took a unit of them, but I think I
might
> like them better now. The company thing is harder to do though, no doubt.

You're right but I miss them! I used to deploy them in order to counter the
hords of Scorpions and Banshees of my Eldar opponent and their +6 in CC was
their main advantage. Of course, these Eldar units have lost a part of
their strength but I really loved these guys. Now, in Epic 40k they are
"only" super tactical marines...

> Any special story behind getting that many of them together? (mine
were
> split between Blood Angel Termies, then I made some Grey Knights as I
always
> face Chaos, and the final unit I made Ultramarines to sort of finish them
> off, as I use Ultras a lot and wanted termies to match...the odd ones
ended
> up as the Marine Commander, an Inquisitor, a Librarian...guess if I'd
done
> all of these guys the same I might've had a company too...)

Honte sur moi! Shame on me!
I must admit that I did not try to find any excuse to field a whole
Terminator company against the Eldars. I was so afraid of the Eldar aspect
warriors that I deliberately forgot that it was really exceptional to see a
whole company involved in the same battle. :o(

Fran�ois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universit� Paris XII/IBM France)

                    L'ORDinateur's Home Page
                Epic 40k and Epic Space Marine

                    Last Update : 02-05-1998

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/