Re: [Epic] flyer question

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:11:50 +0000

At 07:08 PM 2/16/98 +0100, you wrote:
>> ><< Rulebook page 47:
>> >
>> > "When an opposing flyer detachment is placed on the table to carry out a
>> > Ground Attack, Transport or Intercept mission you may declare that you
>> > want to intercept it with one of your own flyer detachments if it is on an
>> > Intercept mission."
>> >
>> > Can you or can you not intercept one opposing flyer det with TWO of your
>> > own flyer dets? >>
>> >
>> Yes. But if you did those interceptors would be dedicated to that
>> Interception and so would not be able to intercept other flyers, i.e. you
>> couldn't split the fire of any of YOUR dets amongst his dets.
>Where do you get that interpretation from? Does the above rule not
>clearely state "with ONE of your own flyer dets"?
>
>DV
>

>brain*beauty=constant

Just seems like common sense to me. I see no reason, if you can attack the
same target with two flyer dets on Ground Attack mission, or Transport to
the same location why you can't declare multiple Intercepts. I realise
common sense is not something we commonly attribute to GW games but frankly
there comes a time when regardless of what the rules actually say, or how
JJ or AC interpret them, when you have to ask yourself how you and your
gaming group interpret them. Of course if your playing in a tournament or
some such then you could be in trouble, but generally go with what you think
is right. If I was playing against you and you believed that one
detachment, one intercept was the way to go, fine by me.
Looking back at the rule and considering the semantics, I don't think it
means ONE and only ONE detachment, I think (FWIW) it means "a flyer
detachment of your own". Unclear wording on the part of the writers
possibly (although it's hard to believe :-))

Cheers,
Colin

******************************
Colin Sinclair