Re: [Epic] Boxed Set

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:00:42 +0000

> > I just went into GW's Portsmouth store (UK) to look at buying some of
> > the new ork sprues.
> > I had a look at the back of the 5 pound box and had a look at the
> > list of minatures.
> > 1 Stomper
> > 2 Nobz Stands
> > 2 Shooty Boyz stands
> > 6 Boyz stands
> > I was somewhat supprised at the small amount, anyone outthere bought
> > a box? How many sprues are in it? Are there less than in E40k boxed
> > set?
> There is ONE sprue in the box. In the E40k game box there are three of
> those sprues in.
> In the E40k box you get the content of 10 small boxes (5 marine, 5 ork).
> As the game includes other stuff as well it is better to buy a new game
> and share the contnt with your opponent.
Oh dear I was right then, so that means I wont be buying any of those
then at least not for a long time. Didn't realise they'd gone that
far!
So if you want to collect a new army how many boxes do you reckon
you'l need if 1 box = 2 sprues, 12 maybe ie �60, and thats before you
buy any metal stuff and after the game, OUCH.
The price of metal allthough slightly higher now is nowhere near as
expensive proportianaly compared to the old system then.
Is there anyone on the list who has started after Epic 40k came out
using new minatures? How much did they spend to get reasonable size
army in a race other than orks or marines?

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!