RE: [Epic] Boxed Set

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:59:12 -0600

> > I just went into GW's Portsmouth store (UK) to look at buying some
> of
> > the new ork sprues.
> > I had a look at the back of the 5 pound box and had a look at the
> > list of minatures.
> > 1 Stomper
> > 2 Nobz Stands
> > 2 Shooty Boyz stands
> > 6 Boyz stands
> > I was somewhat supprised at the small amount, anyone outthere bought
>
> > a box? How many sprues are in it? Are there less than in E40k boxed
> > set?
> There is ONE sprue in the box. In the E40k game box there are three of
> those sprues in.
> In the E40k box you get the content of 10 small boxes (5 marine, 5
> ork).
> As the game includes other stuff as well it is better to buy a new
> game
> and share the contnt with your opponent.

-------> This is getting really sad as I reached this conclusion myself.

Hmmm, I like marines & orks, but one box each of infantry & vehicles for
both armies would run $40 U.S.
For $70 I can get 2 to 3 times that many, plus bases, ruins, and rules.
Kinda sucks, as even with all the griping about GW 's price increases
(some from me) this is a first. For the old games it was always cheaper
to buy the packs and not the big box, partly because there was a very
limited selection of mini types in the big box. I think you'll see much
smaller armies with the new set-up...

Chris Miller