Re: [Epic] IG Idea - Stormtroopers!

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:48:47 -0500

Francois,

> Why don't you give them the stubborn competence?

AFAIK from what people have said the StormTroopers appear to be
different only in their black uniforms and a higher strength weapon. Go
figure - I guess that's what Space Marines are for?

As another person suggested, though, what about Star Wars stormtroopers?

Let's see:

Their armor stops about 1 shot in 10.
They can't hid the broad side of a Wookie except at point blank range.
A whole squad runs away when chased by two smugglers.
They can't run normally, the armor is too restrictive.
Unarmed farm boys can knock them out and steal their armor.

<grin>

That would give us:

Move: 10cm/15cm on a charge.
Range: 15cm
Firepower: 1
Assault: 1
Armor: 2+
Special Abilities: When charged, must make a morale check or break and
flee.

Now let's pretend the Emperor wrote the stats rather than going by what
happens when they run into rebels...

No one is as accurate as StormTroopers.
Their armor is tough, meant to stop/reflect blaster shots.
They are an elite group, highly trained and with high morale.
They represent the best recruits the Empire can muster.

Move: 10cm/20cm on a charge.
Range: 30cm
Firepower: 1
Assault: 2
Armor: 4+
Special Abilities: Rapid Fire, Stubborn

Getting close to Space Marines now, aren't we? It would be interesting
to convert a Star Wars army to Epic stats and fight a inter-galactic
battle. Are there any 6mm/1:285 scale Star Wars figures?

Regards,

- Erik