Re: [Epic] I think,therefore,I am

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:51:12 -0500

Sauron1 writes; Game speed! Our club has tried, with VERY mixed success a
number of ideas to speed up game play after one bright spot noted how many
games used some sort of visual reminder of just what turn it was anyway
after spending sooooooooo long just getting through one move!

    We tried Chess timers,(to short a time) order markers, six + people as
side with only a relatively few units to move,sort of a unit per mover
ratio. The current trend is to have a large clock on a stand and the players
decide on how many minutes per move,miss moving a unit TOO BAD! We even
tried running three totally different games at the same time with only the
overall commander staying with the game ( total flop, we couldn't remember
the rules ).

    We tend to get carried away with those big tables and permanent
facilities. I have a sneaking suspicion those darn Napoleonic types are
playing a whole campaign as they have the six by twelve table covered with
Blue and red since before Christmas and hope nobody has noticed the sides
don't seem to move mutch.

sauron1_at_...