Re: [Epic] unit coherency rule

From: Scott Herring <sjherr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:21:26 -0600

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> Tu as �crit :
>
> (...)
>
> >b) WE without a chain of command must enter the board as a single
> >detachment, but may separate and ignore the 30cm unit coherency rule,
>
> (...)
>
> I had a doubt about this point. Must two Warhounds of the same
> detachment stay within 30cm of each other?
>
> Francois Bruntz
> Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

> LORDinateur's Home Page
> Space Marine and Epic 40k
> Last Update : 02/14/97
>
> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

   Looking in the rule book on page 41, WE detachments are discussed
briefly. But the rule book does state "...super heavy tanks, scout
titans, and other smaller WE can be fielded in larger (than one unit)
detachments." If the detachment has more than one unit then the units
must be 30cm from the HQ. Concentrating on Warhound detachments (which
can only field two Warhounds), they may be up to 30cm from each other.
For Imperial Super heavies (which can have four WE), one of the WE must
be selected as the HQ per Armies book page 38. Glancing over the other
races if the WE detachment can be made of three or more WE then one of
the WEs must be selected as the HQ. The WE HQ costs no points.