[Epic] Big marine battle.

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:54:53 PST

I am just looking for a couple of tips for this army list. A friend of
mine and I decided that a really big game was in order, so we chose a
value of 3500points, and I decided I wanted to try out a concept force:
All marine infantry.

The force is a combination Dark angel/Blood angel force, and is all SM
infantry detachments with the exception of two.

DARK ANGELS.
3rd Support: 272 points
Captain w/Medic, 3 tactical squads, 2 devestators, all in Rhinos

3rd Assault: 260
Librarian, 3 tactical squads, 2 assault, all in rhinos.

6th company battle force: 279
Captain and 6 tactical squads in rhinos.

Deathwing: 427
Deathwing master w/Librarian, 6 Deathwing terminators, 7 land raiders

Ravenwing support squadron: 160
Librarian on bike, 10 attack bikes.

BLOOD ANGELS
8th company Battle group: 349
Medic, 6 devestators all in Rhinos

6th company Battle group: 279
Captain, 6 tactical squads in Rhinos

7th company Battle group: 279
Captain, 6 tactical squads in Rhinos

9th company Battle group: 365
Librarian, 8 assault squads, in rhinos.

Death company: 208
Chaplain, 6 death company squads, in 3 rhinos.

Reserve Drop company (Non codex, possibly a remnant from Heresy times) :
347
Librarian, captain, 1 assault squad, 3 devestator squads, 4
dreadnoughts.

Reserve Drop fleet: 265
3 thunderhawk gunships.

Total: 3490 in 12 detachments.
The only change I am thinking about is the 8th assault may be split into
2 smaller detachments. I don't have much experience with either a force
of this size or a pure marine infantry force, so I am looking for
suggestions.
Steve

--
If you choke a Smurf, what colour does it go?