Re: [Epic] trivia quiz [on topic]

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:55:16 +0100

>> >Are you familiar with the following 2 names?
>> >
>> >-Glaive
>> >-Falchion
>> >
>> >Question 1: In which GW games do they appear and for what?
>
>WD 128? 120? Thereabouts. They're IG SuperHeavies, since renamed
>Stormhammer and umm... another one. Shadowsword?

Yep, when I looked them up they definitely look like the Baneblade and
Shadowsword (they can be found in WD120)
Someone also answered that they were (medieval) hand weapons from D&D, but
that was a game which GW never marketed (I think). They could have appeared
in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (and therefore also in WFB), and in ancient
times GW once licensed Runequest (3rd edition ?) where they also could have
appeared.

>> >Quastion 2: What is a "Killer Dreadnought"?
>
>Dunno, but I believe a 4-armed Ork DN, as opposed to the 2-armed one. In
>Epic, the latter is only available in metal, and is OOP.
Everyone was wrong (including me), 'cause according to WD117 (Adeptus
Titanicus Orks), the Killer Dreadnought is the one with the 2 arms, while
the Onslaughter Dreadnought is the one with the 4 arms.

If anyone is interested, I have scanned the 'answers' into a single picture
of the Glaive, Falchion, Killer Dreadnought and Onslaughter Dreadnought Data
Cards (which appeared about 100 WDs ago), along with a B&W unpainted mini of
the Glaive. Just mail me privately if you want the pic.

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...