Re: [Epic] Other mini rules (Semi OT)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:09:56 -0600

Aaron wrote:

> Miller, Chris wrote:

> You've got to be careful, some games (like Command Decision) are
> "divisional" level where one tank model = a PLATOON of tanks. That
> seems king of silly to me. As far as WWII games, Easy Eight puts out one
> called "Battleground" and there is a board game called "Panzer" which
> is easily adapted to miniatures.
>
> I've been working on using EPIC for WWII fighting (grossly inaccurate
> as it will be), if anyone's interested I'll post what I got.

Well, CD is in fact a regimental level game, not Divisional level. As
it happens the way it plays tends to make you forget that it is not 1:1,
the 1:5 thing only seems to effect how TO&E's are done.

Spearhead, one the other hand, which uses the same 1:5 ratio, rules
mechanics are such that it is a divisional level game, and each unit
DOES feel like a platoon, not a single tank.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com