RE: [Epic] Other mini rules (Semi OT)

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:21:09 -0600

> I'd recommend WRG (Wargames Research Group). Trouble is, there are 2
> different editions of WW2 rules, and 3 of modern. Still, that's in 25
> years, so isn't too bad.

--------> I've done some WRG ancients years ago, so I'll have to look
for these

> The latest editions (WEG 1925-1950 and WRG 1950-2000) are compatible
> with each other, because for example, the Syrians used ex-Wehrmacht Pz
> IVs in 1967, and some Sherman Fireflies are still in use in The Chaos
> Formerly Known As Yugoslavia if you examine the newsreels carefully.
--------> Ain't it a kick? The Twilight2000 NATO vehicle guide mentioned
this...can you imagine using a Sherman, I don't care what you've done to
refit it, today? I suppose against another Sherman, or even a T-55 it's
OK, but suppose you run into a comparitively "mighty" M-48 or
T-62...geez. The Arab-Israeli conflicts have had a lot of interesting
matchups too, like you mentioned. Lot of tanks that didn't do much
fighting elsewhere got a real workout here.

------> Any idea if it's still in print?

> > I'd say reply to e-mail, but if we can talk about Star Wars mini's,
> go
> > ahead and put it to the list...maybe we'll work on some naval rules
> for
> > Epic using Revell or Monogram models...
>
> Actually I have a number of Ogre figures, and have worked out stats
> for
> a Mk V something along those lines. (Obligatory nod to being on-topic
> #1)
--------> Heh - yeah, I was into OGRE in some of it's earlier forms, but
I didn't get into that last wave of miniatures until all the minis were
gone. I use my heavy & missile tanks for Battletech vehicles now. Would
be fun to work up a scenario using OGREs in epic though - some kind of
remnant left over on a distant world. Saw a Battletech scenario on this
done at a con one time, pretty slick.

Chris Miller