Re: [Epic] Titan armaments and AT shots.

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:57:57 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 19-Feb-98 [Epic] Titan armaments and .. by "Steve
Sheldon"_at_ho��{;j
otmail.
> Plasma battery: 45cm range, 3xAT
>
> It seems fair, it does the same Blast marker damage as the HWB, and can
> be just as devestating against WEs as a death ray. I think that because
> of the massive ammounts of energy required, they should be limited to
> either just carapace mount or a limit of 2 per warlord or 1 per reaver.
> The plasma destructor still remains a death ray.

I'd argue that you can replace both the Plasma Pop^H^H^HBlastgun and the
Turbo-Laser Destructor with a 2x AT shot weapon, and then you can also
drop the restrictions.

One might point out that 2 AT shots is rather worse than your typical
Eldar Pulsar. One might point out in return that the Eldar are
*supposed* to have better laser technology, so why not give them this
edge?

Anyway, adopting the 2x AT shots lets the Plasma Blastgun use that, the
Plasma Cannon the HWB (since it was a high-volume, though rather
deadlier, weapon) and the Plasma Destructor the Death Ray (toned down a
bit, but then you can now shoot and move next turn...).

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...